Sunday, November 27, 2005

Living in Africa...

After a fantastic festive season lunch this afternoon with K's friend Sandra, we had to rush to be at the airport by 4:15pm, as I am going down to Cape Town for a budget meeting tomorrow morning. All was on track, until I got to the airport, only to discover that all flights to Cape Town have been delayed - reason being is that there are potholes on the runway. Potholes! I would believe that if we were living in a place like Tanzania, or Kenya - but South Africa!

Anyway, so here I am, sitting at the airport, in the new domestic departures terminals, in a wi-fi enabled hotspot, with my laptop - whilst they fix the potholes in Cape Town! I'm only going to find out at 6pm, whether they have fixed them to the extent that they can land a plane on the runway - if not, well, there goes that budget meeting tomorrow.

Yup - only in Africa...

No comments: