Sunday, May 11, 2008

Exciting times

Ok so its been just over a month since the last post, and there is much to tell.
On the home front, things are looking good. We've finished painting the interior and its all looking nice a clean. The colour is a bit deceiving at times - depending on the natural light and the light bulb in various areas - the tones range from a sandy colour, to a pinky one. Not sure I'm wild on it in the lounge area - as it shines up with too much pink - but we'll give it a bit of time to see how it works out.

Things are going well on the work front for K and I. She remains very busy and involved with her team - with some nice opportunities for growth in the next year or so. I have my hands full with some exciting new media projects at the moment and am enjoying every day of it.

We also have some exciting news - we have recently invested in a new restaurant (we're silent partners, so no need for us to be hands on in any way, which suits me fine). Yup, between the property and stock market volatility at the moment, we decided that it would probably be quite an adventure to throw some money at something different - so we did. There are a bunch of us that have been working towards opening a new restaurant/bar in the Rivonia area over the past 2 months - something that finally happened this weekend. We called it 'Juniper', after the Juniper berry, which is the ingredient that gives Gin its distinguishing flavour. I would never have believed it about a month ago, as the place that we had picked was barely more than an empty shell in a new centre on the corner of Rivonia and Witkoppen - but it was quite exciting to see it all come together on the night of the opening. Just to give you an idea of what I am talking about, I took this video about 5 hours before the first customer walked through the door for the opening event.



So that's the news of the past month. I've been a bit slack with some pictures of the house, but as soon as I get around to taking a few, I'll be sure to put them up. Will also get some pics of the restaurant up in the next couple of days.

No comments: