Sunday, March 30, 2008

Another weekend of DIY

Sitting at home after a productive weekend - watching 'Snakes On a Plane'. I mean really, who thought of that? And worse still, why did it do so well?

Anyway, I finally got around to sorting out the TV lounge. I had a friend of mine make a cabinet for me - its custom designed to fit my AMP, DVD player and MVIX, and looks awesome in the lounge. He fitted the doors with those anti-slam goodies - I think I have open and closed the doors at least 30 times this weekend - in awe each time I do it. Also put up some trunking to hide all the cables and wires leading up the LCD that is mounted on the wall. Gave the trunking a painting so it all looks pretty good and neat now. Also managed to fix a tap, tidy up the herb garden, shuffle some furniture and put a mirror in the shower.

K is on her way back from Dubai - she was supposed to land about 20 minutes ago, but I have just checked out the Emirates site and see that the new time is 9:36pm - so anytime now.

BTW, have finally yielded to the phenomenon that is twitter. If you want to follow: http://twitter.com/graemecumming

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey G just wanted to comment on Champagne castle-is this a hotel right on top of this mountain and theres a valley between im sure thsi is the canyon -catherdrals peak wheres that- where my explorer mates went to-and myself...awesome plek...