Thursday, May 10, 2007

And now for the bad news...

So I undertook the project365 thing in October last year. The point of the project - to post a Photo Of The Day (POTD) every day for a year.
Well, the bad news is that I have decided to narrow it down from P365, to P182. A six month project. Which ran from November 2006 until April 2007.
There were pictures of sunsets, pictures of holidays, pictures of friends and family. There were others of trees and plants and wooden puzzles, and even some on meals and breakfasts that were cooked by K and I.
But alas, the project has reached the point where it is becoming a daily burden on me. It has lost its appeal and excitement. It has become more a case of 'what can i find to snap today', than a case of 'cool, i'll put that on the blog'.
It was a big undertaking - a bold challenge that I rose to at first, but then came to ask myself 'what have i done?'.
Its not all doom and gloom however. The 6 months of pics will remain on this blog for K and I to look back upon. Lots of visual memories that will always be here. Besides which, there will be other pics that go up from time to time. They will still be posted under the POTD tag - but it will also give me more time to blog about other issues - rather than spending half an hour downloading, resizing and uploading pictures, I can tell you more about more. If anything, the quality of posts should actually improve.
So thank you for logging on each day and checking out the daily picture. It has been good to take a look at my Google Analytics map, and see little dots sprawled across the globe - from Perth, Manning, Adelaide and Melbourne, to Parow, Jhb, Midrand, Parkmore and Pretoria to Oslo, Bucharest, Milton Keynes, Brentford, Salt Lake and Statten Island.
BTW, the final POTD's have been uploaded. See below - 28-30 April.

No comments: