Saturday, April 28, 2007

POTD: 19 April 2007

So, how cool are the colours in this pic? This is the picture that I woke up to the other morning. You may recall a few pics ago, I said that we're having awesome sunsets at the moment - well, this is a sunrise in fact. My theory is that as the season is changing, we're getting a different type of cloud forming (you can see the effect in the top right corner - its almost like these clouds have formed one after the other in a parallel line), much thinner than the summer variety. Due to this, the sun is having an absolute ball reflecting its rays through this delicate medium, and in doing so, is creating the most magnificent displays of colour.
I could of course be talking absolute crap, and only got to see this picture because I happened to wake up earlier than usual. Its good to have a theory though.

No comments: