Thursday, August 24, 2006

Over that hill...

Yup - hit the magical Three O this week.
As far as birthdays go, it was a pretty average day to be honest - although I was treated to a cooked breakfast by K, and showered in gifts, which was really special. There is so much hype around reaching 30, and you see it coming for months, with big expectations. Next thing you know, you've been so busy and wrapped up in other things that it springs upon you and you're not quite prepared. At least thats how I felt.
Went to work, had a 4 hour meeting...took some cakes and ordered pizza for the office, another set of meetings in the afternoon...rush home for dinner with the family...and next thing you know, its all over.

Having said that, I was spoilt, and we did have a great dinner. Went to a place called Jungle Sushi and Tepanyaki. Sat around the Tepanyaki bar with the family...and had some great food. I had some Salmon Nigiri, a salmon hand roll, and a beef fillet tepanyaki - delicious.

Still intending on having a bit of a celebration - but because of other commitments, friends away, other friends only arriving - it'll only take place in September sometime.

How does it feel? Not too shabby...I'm at the beginning of my next decade in life, with another 10 years of thirties to look forward too. I'm told that this is the decade in which things 'really' happen in life. I guess one can justify anything really.

No comments: