Thursday, January 24, 2008

Well done Telkom

So whilst Eskom has leapt its way up the ladder to position itself as public enemy number one, at the same time, Telkom has slid down a rung or two - and not without good reason. I am happy to report that my most recent Telkom experience has been a very pleasant one.
As you may have gathered, K and I moved house - mostly last Friday. In fact, tonight marks the seventh night in the new house. Anyway, back to the point. About a week ago, we gave Telkom a call - notifying them that we would need a telephone number, and ADSL line installed into our place. This morning I got a call from a very pleasant guy, who came over within 1 hour of calling, tested the exchange around the corner, installed the necessary wiring, enabled it for ADSL, tested the line, and left me with a phone (as ours is still in some box down the passage, and after 20 minutes of looking, I gave up). I was blown away by how efficient and fast the whole process was. I've heard the horror stories about people waiting up to 6 weeks for phones and connectivity - so was very grateful for my 4-day turnaround experience.
Well done Telkom. I'm just grateful that I have electricity at the moment, so that I am able to make this post. Hold thumbs.

No comments: