Friday, January 19, 2007

Comet McNaught

We were fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of Comet McNaught last night, passing through the western skies and down over the horizon. I'm annoyed that I didn't get a picture of it - I had good intentions of posting as the POTD, but discovered that the batteries on my digital camera were flat, and my N73 camera zoom would not have picked anything up. Also tried to find it with the telescope, but by the time I had everything setup, it had pretty much disappeared from view. The weather was perfect too - clean air and no clouds. Oh well, maybe we'll have better luck this evening. The link above takes you to the Wikipedia article - there are some nice pics that people in Cape Town, and Australia/NZ have taken if you want to see what it looked like.

No comments: