Sunday, November 26, 2006

POTD: 25 Nov 2006

Played in the Sports Pool golf day yesterday - pictured here are Lawrence, gtc, Sean and Chris. We played at Randpark Golf club - Windsor course. First time I've played that course, and it definitely showed with a poor round of 93 carded. We then watched SA beat England at Twickenham, for the first time in 10 years. Lets just say that it made for a very festive evening at the golf club.
As for the credit card story - the saga continues. I eventually get my new credit card on Thursday last week. All fraudulent transactions have been reversed, so I'm chuffed that all the admin is behind me, when I realise that I'm short on cash after several rounds of drinks during the rugby and prize-giving. No problem I tell myself, I have my new credit card with me. I whip it out for the final round of drinks of the evening, tell the waiter to include a small tip for himself, and we continue with the festivities. I head off to the mens room, and return a couple of minutes later. Anyway, a couple of minutes later (read twenty) when everyone is finishing off their drinks and heading home, I realise that I still don't have my card. No problem, I remember the waiter, maybe he brought it whilst I was in the toilet and since I was not at the table at the time, he held onto it. Hmmm, big assumption that. He tells me that I was not around, so he got someone else to sign my slip, and gave them my card. Right! Call the manager please.
Anyway, long and the short of it is that there was no sign of my 3 day old card. On the humorous side though, when I called my bank 15 minutes later to cancel the card, the call center agent's response was quite good...it went something like this:
"But sir, according to our system, you reported your card missing a week ago".
"Yes, I know. That was for something different".
"Oh. So did you receive your new card sir".
"Yes I did. I picked it up on Thursday. Its gone".
"Oh. How did that happen sir?"
"Well....waiter...drinks...blah...blah...missing....blah...only 3 days.....blah....can you believe it?"
"Wow sir. I can't believe the waiter was so careless. Did you enjoy your meal at least sir?".

No comments: