Monday, September 25, 2006

Golfing history is made...

Well, for me anyway. Yup its been a good day - shot my best round ever, and whilst the score is not that fantastic in golfing terms, its my best score in the 17 odd years that I have been playing the game. I can remember heading down to the Klipriver golf club on a Sunday afternoon with my dad and brothers, when I was about 13 years old, and hacking around for 9 holes, trying my best to break 50. The 9 holes quickly became 18 holes and the skill got progressively better. In fact, I recall scoring my first birdie on that course - something that Neil reminded me about the other day (he was there to witness it, which is hugely important when you are 16 years old - as nobody would have believed it otherwise). Anyway, today I shot a decent 86 - with 2 birdies (both on the par 3's - pitched within a metre of the cup) and four pars. Needless to say Neil and I cleaned up...and all Stuart and Dave could do, was ask "So, how much do we owe you guys".

No comments: