Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Pain in the...ribs!

It happened just over a week ago. K and I decided to go for a 10km cycle around the neighbourhood. Whilst fooling around on my bike, and trying to impress K with a "front tyre in the air for 5 seconds wheelie", I lost balance on the bike and went tumbling. Problem was, the side of the handle-bar jabbed me in the ribs as I hit the ground. Getting up and brushing it off as nothing, we continued the ride home. I didn't think much of it that night, but woke up the next morning, barely able to pull myself out of bed.

The hike up the mountain in Clarens, and the frisbee throwing with Frank and Pat didn't do much for the healing - and after returning from Clarens on Sunday evening, barely able to breath, we decided to get the ribs x-ray'd. According to the doc, there's nothing broken, just some internal bruising. Given the discomfort, it would have been better to hear that something was fractured - at least I would then have an excuse for walking around like I'm 75 years old.

No comments: