Sunday, November 20, 2005

Robbie who...?


Now I'm not the biggest Robbie Williams fan ever, but K certainly has an appreciation for his...uh...showmanship, so when Richard asked whether we were keen to go and watch him in April 2006, at Loftus Stadium in Pretoria, we decided that it would be a good idea. Until we saw the queues for tickets that is. The tickets went on sale yesterday morning, and rumour has it that the die-hard fans had camped overnight to be first in line when the systems came online. I recall doing a similiar thing back in 1997, for the 21 March 1998 U2 concert at the Jhb Stadium, but Robbie Williams - I don't think so.

Anyway, after spending most of the morning at the shops with K, I decided that I would give the tickets one last stab, provided there were no more than 10 people in the queue. Luckily for the rest of the gang that I was buying tickets for (Richard, Simona, Joanna, Nicole and K) there were only 6 people in the queue, and I managed to get some. They must have been some of the last tickets on sale, as we heard that no less than 1 hour later, the entire event had sold out.

I guess he'll put on a great show...with maybe one or two songs that I'll appreciate. We'll see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey K and G.

Love the site.
Feel like throwing us a few Robbie Tickets over there?

Anonymous